FEVA Mission and Vision
At Florida Elite Volleyball Academy, our mission is to cultivate volleyball players of all ages and abilities to be the best players they are capable of becoming.
At FEVA, we hold four values at the core of our organization, power, precision, passion, and pride.
- POWER helps us focus attention and place value on growing the individual health and physical strength of our players
- PRECISION helps us focus on training players to value and develop Volleyball IQ (the critical knowledge, skills and abilities to compete at the highest levels).
- We help our players cultivate a PASSION for the sport, for teamwork, for constant improvement. This results in a love for volleyball that will last a lifetime
- Our players learn to develop PRIDE in their growing abilities and confidence in their teammates.
Katia Saavedra (Club VP & Director of Coaching)
Katia believes that developing an all-around player is essential to each individual’s progress. Talent is not the only quality needed to become an outstanding athlete, one must be coachable, open to change and disciplined. Most importantly, they must become a teammate able to bring the best out in everyone around them through example, energy and encouragement. Katia has three children, who all play volleyball and she instills these values in them as she does to every player in the club.
- She has coached volleyball for 29 years.
- She played at University of Tampa 1990-1994
- All-American setter 1993 and 1994
- Owner of Club Tampa Volleyball which later became Sandspurs Volleyball Club
- Owner and Director of Sand Life Volleyball
Davis Lauderdale (Club VP & Communications Director)
Davis is the FEVA Communications Director. He understands fully the unique challenges facing parents and players and works to eliminate miscommunication and coordinates with parents to each team at FEVA runs smoothly. As a successful business owner, photographer / videographer he understands the value of great communication and how that can make or break a club.